View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #3
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Smile composite questions

Quote:
You can use a composite column to display only the last component of each item (tag, genre, whatever). Assuming that the lookup name for the column containing the hierarchical items is #genre, then the template is

Code:
{#genre:subitems(-1,0)}
Thanks, that helped a lot. My column is Category, but that was easily substituted. It also led to a few more questions on composite columns.

1) Is there a thread or link that I can go to learn more about composite columns and how to fiddle with the template? When I looked at different threads on composite columns before they never seemed to address what I wanted. I used the code you gave me, but I am unsure how to create them on my own.

2) Is it possible to have the template only look for certain stories to display based off a higher heirarchy item? For example, (using the example I gave before fantasy.magic.dragons and fantasy.non-magic.dragons) could I create a composite column that would only display the last item of those tags that were under the magic item?

3) Is it possible to create a composite column that would only display a higher up heirarchal item? For example, could it show the second heirarchy item such as magic and non-magic only?

- Jade Aislin
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote