View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #137
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichrispa View Post
Agreed. But even when nickel reopens the database it does not update the information displayed, suggesting as Davidfor mentioned that parts of the database are actually cached beyond the sqlite database system. As I mentioned I have to restart my KT to see new shelves, even if they are in the DB after a disconnect. Same goes for series information after they are inserted into the db: they are there, but only visible after a reboot.

In any case this is not a problem of either Calibre or the KT driver. It is up to Kobo to fix close the database properly and reload its information after a disconnect.

Apart from monitoring the USB bus itself (as in "capture with oscilloscope"), I have no idea how to intercept USB data from a virtual machine. Linux won't let me tap the system bus interface. And I definetely don't know how to do this in a native windows environment. Since I haven't managed to get Kobo Desktop to run in WINE, that's out of the question too.

Can somebody advise me on how to monitor what an application sends over USB?
My feelings ate that this might be related to how you have hacked the Kobo to get command line access... How come those of us who have not taken that step do not have this issue...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote