View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #248
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan_s View Post
Hi MrWarper et al.

Nice to hear people are still enthusiastic about the Irex's. I managed to revive my DR800 from the dead when I realised that the problem was the rubber pad that helps the Wacom connector on the motherboard stay connected had perished. Now it's all held together with stickytape, but works fine!

I'd still like to make it useful as a word processor that can be used in the sunlight. I got OpenOffice to run on it in a Debian chroot environment, that wasn't too hard at all. The next step, getting a USB keyboard connected, proved too much for my skills. I built dozens of experimental kernels and hardware tweaking utilities I could not make the USB port enter host mode.

Do you have any insight and/or interest in how this might be done?

Otherwise best of luck. I'm happy to help with other firmware stuff, and have a few minor suggestions for improvements.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,

Perhaps you may be interested in the alternative shown in next link:
http://www.ponnuki.net/2012/09/kindleberry-pi/

It's based on a Kindle 3, but I think it should be easily ported to a DR.

Iņigo
PS: please keep this thread on topic, i.e. DR800+. You can start a new thread.
That way it will be easier for the search engine and for all of use. Thanks
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote