View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnagle View Post
I have to wonder whether these sorts of problems are occuring with the other e-ink devices. The problem is that these things look sturdy and feel like regular books. I don't feel like I handled mine that roughly; on the other hand, I treated it just like I would a book.

I think keeping this in a backpack is a bad idea; too bad, more people don't know about this vulnerability beforehand.

On the bright side, I am happy to report that my Dell Axim PDA screen has worked wonderfully after 3 years of use.
True. Very true. I've got my EB-100 (basically the hardware of the Cybook without the Cybook firmware) right next to me and it *feels* sturdy, but light. However, it's not nearly as "massive" as a PRS500 and having used a PRS500 for about four months prior to receiving my first Cybook, I - quite honestly - felt as if it were "flimsy". Because of that feeling, I've treated it much more carefully than the PRS gets treated. Still, with reasonable care, a Cybook can be taken anywhere. It just can't tolerate being dropped, punted, hit, bent, stabbed, shot or slugged by a baseball bat.

I think I saw a hard metal case which might work as a long-trip/hiking case for it. I'll see if I can find the website again.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote