View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjantailor View Post
I wonder about the reader who gets something free and can't overlook a typo or two.
Anything you give away free should be a good reflection of what you are charging for, otherwise it won't work from an advertising perspective. For most people what they read for free will be their first exposure to you, and they will form an opinion based on that whether you are worth investing time and money in.

I have never read an ebook that didn't have typos (or any print book first published in the last 5 years or so), but it depends how readable it is if I continue with it or not. If I'm stumbling over every paragraph trying to figure out what it is supposed to say you will need a very strong story to carry me through. Even then I'd be a lot less likely to try anything else you wrote.

If you can't afford a proof-reader, at least get someone else to read through it.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote