View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #29
StephanieP
StephanieP has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Page numbers are not part of the Mobipocket format. So unless Bookeen are going to deviate from the norm, it won't happen which I think is the case.
Hmm, then isn't it kind of strange to have a goto page function? *confused* I figured if they have a goto page function, then they would eventually implement a way to determine page numbers.

Oh well, it just would have been helpful, not like it's something I need. Besides, if it's true the update allows for faster page flipping, then that should help some. And so long as they've fixed the bookmarking issue it shouldn't be an issue.

Anyhow, I've never read mobipocket before (it's not very compatible with my mac, which is the only device I tend to use for reading e-books). I'm new to all this, and my Cybook hasn't arrived for me to try it out.

I'm just surprised since all the other readers have some form of page number. I didn't think it would be all that hard to configure page numbers or at least a percentage on the progress bar. But as I've mentioned I'm new to all this. Even if they never add page numbers, that won't stop me from wishing for them.

Why are page numbers not supported by mobipocket format?
StephanieP is offline   Reply With Quote