View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #7
diogenes
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Do you have an app that syncs contacts, or tries to? Android forum posts point to a sync problem. Backup your 3rd party apps and uninstall one at a time until the error no longer happens, Facebook app twitter app, something like that is maybe the culprit.
That error is also common if your internal app space is to low. 40 MB seems to be the least amount you can have before the edge stops behaving.
I've tried uninstalling everything, but changes get undone after rebooting and apps return from their graves as annoying, groaning zombies. As a matter of fact, even the reset to factory defaults seem to go unnoticed, and only resets the ink screen wallpaper and prompts me to recalibrate it.

The problem must be somewhere in Android, as everything related to the ink screen works fine. I'm starting to worry about this applications that were removed from the market due to some suspected virus infection. I had some generic "chess" and the "guitar solo" demo, and I've seen these names among the dreadful ones. May I have have caught one of the rare Android viruses? :/

Is there some kind of hard reset for the edge? I fear reinstalling the system may be the only option left