View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #15
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
okay - but again. If this were a really common practice of Amazon I can assure you that the message boards, Kindle Community, and blogs would be screaming about it from the rooftops.

Has it happened? I can recall a time or two where people claim it did. Somebody else can go climbing through the various TOS but I bet you that all the retailers (Amazon, Barnes, Kobo etc etc) now have something in there about ebook access being attached to an account and access is permitted as long as the account is active.

Remember, we don't buy eBooks. We buy licenses to eBooks and licenses can expire and be revoked. That is an issue that is discussed all the time on these boards.

Is it common? I really doubt it. That thread that was bumped here was from 2009. How many more stories like that can you find?
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote