View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #12
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I imagine it was just short-sightedness, combined with an innate fear of depending on an electronic file system for long-term storage (when they were already using paper).

Maybe, as demand for digital copies grows, any companies that create printed books will think twice about discarding electronic files, and might even set up a coherent system to pass those files on to e-book producing departments or sell them to e-book vendors. Sony, for one, ought to be in every publisher's offices suggesting exactly this, though it isn't likely to help the situation with public domain works.

And I agree, it was Sony's job to vet those files. Their lack of dedication to the tasks required to sell proper e-books isn't encouraging.
I believe it's more a case of 'the electronic files might walk out the door in "unauthorized" hands'.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote