View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
UntreedReads
Addict
UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UntreedReads ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
A suggestion for your pricing structure: Charge 1 cent more for your books.

I'm serious. It's one of the things I like about Baen. They don't charge $5.99 for a book; they charge an honest $6.00. I don't feel like I'm buying from a weasel.

Incidentally, Baen charges $6.00 for books of 85,000 words and longer, and they are a "New York publisher" -- just not members of the ebook price-fixing cartel.
Interesting idea. It's one of the reasons the bulk of our short stories are $1.50. Believe it or not, we got huge pushback from people when we briefly had some titles at $2. We took them to $1.99 to see what people would say about a one cent change and that psychological thing happened where people thought it was less than it really was. Can't say I understand that, but pricing is the biggest hurdle in any business.
UntreedReads is offline   Reply With Quote