View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 04:30 AM   #68
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
About the contrast:

Yes, it is a bit dissappointing. But it depends on lighting. In good light, it's more than adequate. In poor lighting it is a bit harder to read than a paper book. Overall it isn't really a problem. What I find strange is the fact that the screen can display whiter pictures than it does. If you load a page with lots of black "bars" you can see them as white aftershadows on the next page with a blank background...this is strange.
You are right that I was slightly dissappointed, but don't let that get to you. The screen is still excellent and readability is great.

About Document formats:
I put my PDF files in 12x16cm right now. That's ok for the heigt, but a bit too little for the width. (could also be that my PDF had margins that were too large left and right).
I didn't have a lot of time yesterday, so I only did a little experimenting there.
Bookmarks and all those nice little things are still absent in Software 2.4, so reading a novel is really hard since you have to open the file again, have to find your page again and all that...
Zooming in PDf files is also not implemented yet. With that feature, a lot of work could be saved...so I'm not going to make many customised PDFs just now...i'm waiting for the PDf viewer with zooming or even better the HTML viewer with pageing...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote