View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #10
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASnoopyDOG View Post
Thanks ixtab,
your files work for my when i ONLY replaced the files. But i got an error messages whenreplaced the folder with the other original files).
Greetings.
Sorry, didn't get that ;-)

Do you mean that applying only steffi.zip (or only yannick.zip) to a pre-existing "virgin" data folder didn't work, while removing the entire folder and then installing both files did? I did "patch" my installation with (only) the female german voice before, and it worked. That way, I could have german books read to me by the female voice, and english ones by the male voice. (It is much more hilarious the other way round though).

The entire TTS system is quite messy. For example I'm not quite sure even why the subfolders common, high- and low-quality exist in the first place. They don't seem to be referenced anywhere in the code, so I don't see a reason for them to exist at all. But then again: as long as it works, I don't see a reason to further dive into it.

I have also experienced some slight problems -- like the book occasionaly not starting to read with the male voice, but simply remaining quiet. Switching to female, turning TTS off then on, and switching to male again, worked though. As I said, it's a bit of a mess. Still, I never got error messages like the ones shown above. So if you find a reproducible way to obtain them, post some instructions...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote