View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #9
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
No, the book is still in print. I guess I didn't understand that part, and they definitely scanned the book. I'm fine with a partial scan being available, as I said it's like a free sample and helps to drive sales. But it's such a great big scary rights grab that I just didn't want to be part of it.

ETA: According to this Teleread post, the settlement class includes the author of any book published prior to January 5, 2009. I'm a member of that class. I might not have been eligible for an orphan-book payment, but that's okay because I want no parts of this.

Last edited by MaggieScratch; 04-26-2009 at 01:55 AM.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote