Thread: Ended Kindle 1st Gen for Sale
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Eeek... your going to become a left coaster eh. good luck on such a long move. Is this job for a move. Isn't that silicon valley, or close to it anyway?

Although I expect the weather will be much better.

BOb
Yup, the move is job-related for my husband. So in that regard, at least are moving expenses are being taken care of. But it's a move we've wanted to make for awhile anyway. My mom and my sister have already relocated out to the left coast more than 10 years ago.

And yeah, San Jose is the heart of Silicon Valley. Most of the houses and condos we've had our eye on have been there, but also the surrounding communities of Campbell (which is actually my favorite) and a few in Santa Clara (though that's a bit more dumpy).

But I certainly won't miss these damn New England winters anymore! And if I do get a craving for the right coast again, and all those good old "New England values", I just need to hop on a plane. My dad or one of several friends I grew up with (since many stayed in this area) would be more than happy to put me up. The average temp year round in the San Jose area is about 70 deg F (21 C), with it not getting much hotter than mid 80's during the summer (30 C) and only occasionally down in the freezing range in the winter. It's the perfect climate, and just a hop, skip, and jump from San Francisco as well.
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote