Thread: Ended Kindle 1st Gen for Sale
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 03:03 AM   #1
freecia
Enthusiast
freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 3 3g+wifi, kindle 2, kindle 1
Kindle 1st Gen for Sale

My Kindle 1st Gen is up for sale on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230333102863

It will not come with any books since I'll be wiping all my files off it and de-registering it before shipping. That's right. If anything, you'll just have the free user's manual. That's ok. If you're on mobileread, I'm pretty sure you know how to find new ebooks lickety-split.

The upsides:
Free Shipping via UPS Ground with tracking number in USA.
10% of MY auction proceeds will go to the charity "Reading Is Fundamental". Don't feel pressured into bidding more on it just because a charity is involved but know you're supporting something other than your gadget lust .
-- I'm more of the give directly to a charity (and get a tax benefit) sort myself. However, I feel that this is a great device for those who love to read and in turn, it has the power to do good by promoting literacy. I'm continually dismayed when I go into bookstores or on public transport because so few people have their noses in a book. This is a little "something" in this economy to encourage literacy- with a little well intentioned, good hearted irony.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-31-2009 at 05:37 AM. Reason: added item link for easy cut, paste. // Item sold on ebay. - Dr. Drib
freecia is offline   Reply With Quote