View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 03:15 AM   #25
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Please note, that when you mothball an electronic device with Lion (or similar) battery you need to take it out for a discharge and charge cycle now and then, otherwise you kill the battery. When the voltage drops under certain level, the battery becomes unusable.
I use my spare reader at least once a year to avoid this problem.

The only reader that I know of that would prevent you from any use without registration is old Kobo reader (for example Kobo Mini). I am not sure about Nook Simple Touch. I think I had to register that one as well before use.
I am talking about "out of the box" or "freshly reset to a factory defaults" device.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote