View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 05:55 PM   #21
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
Although it is quite possible to use an ancient eReader.. I have a few... You have to bear in mind that electronic components can easily fail and kill your reader. Or new epub standards will make it obsolete. It's a bit like saying 'I want to buy an old betamax video recorder so I can play new videos from my local shop for ever'.. Can you spot the flaw in this approach..? Or in fact several flaws? �� If you need books for ever then paper is king!

@lumpynose the boox note I have is excellent and frankly if there is a better eReader I have yet to see it. The battery life is about a month for me, as I use it as an eReader and not for watching videos.. It runs all the library apps I need and is a pleasure to use. I have a tablet for other stuff but keep coming back to the boox to read.. It is just nicer and lighter. And it runs Android 6 so good enough for eink...
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote