View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #22
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank View Post
But the Nook thinks it's still connected to the desktop!
This (I think) is our problem. The PC (and perhaps the MAC also) thinks it has safely ejected the NOOK, but the NOOK does not agree. The NOOK is digesting all the material we have side-loaded onto it... SLOWLY. It seems to be important not to interrupt this process.

Evidence? Some of us have observed the cover thumbnails of our side-loaded books flashing past (batch by batch) in the "New & Recent in my Library" section (top pane of the home screen) after ejecting the NOOK. (Not just the newly added books, mind, but ALL the side-loaded material!) DO NOT unplug the NOOK while it is doing this work. My hunch is that is when the data is corrupted.

Just guesswork, of course.
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote