View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #24
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
The market is NOT getting smaller, it is plateauing.
Or, as Spinal Tap put it:
Quote:
Marty: The last time Tap toured America, they where, uh, booked into
10,000 seat arenas, and 15,000 seat venues, and it seems that now,
on their current tour they're being booked into 1,200 seat
arenas, 1,500 seat arenas, and uh I was just wondering,
does this mean uh...the popularity of the group is waning?

Ian: Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no...no, no, not at all. I, I, I just think
that the.. uh.. their appeal is becoming more selective.
Quote:
Now you are once again being disingenuous. People buy tablets because they want what a tablet offers, they don't buy them as de facto eReaders.
[...]
You are again comparing apples and oranges. Tablets and eReaders are not in competition. People who only own one might read on them, much as some people use a Kindle app to read on a computer, but those who do a lot of reading prefer a dedicated eReader.
[...]
You are clearly determined to regard tablets and dedicated eReaders as competing with each other. This is your prerogative, luckily those involved in developing and manufacturing the devices don't agree with you.
So you don't think the Nook Color/Tablet and the Kobo Vox are sold as eReading devices? You don't think sales of the Kindle Fire in any way impact sales of other Kindle devices?

Quote:
When an eReader can match the resolution of a printed page - why is higher resolution needed?
Current eInk readers are nowhere near matching the resolution of a printed page.

Last edited by murraypaul; 09-04-2012 at 05:31 AM.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote