View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #5
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Agreed - content is an extremely important consideration. I've been leaning toward the Sony Reader, mainly because I could drive a few blocks to Borders and pick one up today. Ok, so on to Sony's online bookstore to do a few searches... hmmm, well, of course I'd love the entire Patrick O'Brian "Master and Commander" series. The Orson Scott Card "Ender" books. Tolkein. Stephen Baxter's new "Time's Tapestry" series looks very interesting. I like Historical Fiction with a twist, let's try Jack Whyte's "Camuold/Eagle's Brood" series. Might as well search for an old favorite of mine, Richard Adams (Watership Down). And let's also try a recent non-fiction title just to be thorough, Dava Sobel's "Longitude", as well as a favorite non-fiction author, Simon Singh (The Code Book, Fermat's Enigma).

Zero. None of the above.

No other considerations matter, at this point. No platform, regardless of style, support, availability, or technical features, can be considered when not a single book in my ad hoc, impromptu list is available. By this criteria, it looks like Kindle is the only option - and it's out of stock, too expensive, and to my mind burdened with unnecessary features. Ah well. I did try.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote