View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
MSJim
Bookworm
MSJim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Nook STR
Thanks for not giving up.

I wasn’t trying to do multiple fonts. My only interest was in the Georgia font. I just put the other two in my test file so I could see if there was a difference in the output. It’s easier to see a difference in the overall line length between Times New Roman and Georgia fonts than it is to zoom in on the characters to see the difference in serif shapes.

In the root of my Reader, I have five folders: database, Digital Editions, Documents, fonts, and tmp. The Georgia fonts (all four of them) are in the fonts folder. In Windows Explorer on my computer, these are under the M:\ directory. I don’t know HTML, so if “///Data/” is the same as “M:\” the fonts should be in the right place.
I did have a mistake in the Georgia ttf names on the reader. I had capitalized them. Actually I just dragged a copy from my PC to the reader, but they still didn’t match the src: url(res......) code. Unfortunately, making the capitalization of the font names match didn’t make any difference.

Jackie_w,
I dragged your ePub file to my reader. It shows up as Times New Roman. Same thing when I added it to Calibre and viewed it there. I also did a full conversion of the HTM to EPUB with Calibre and your Extra CSS with the same results.

jswinden,
I have the (body { font-family: "Georgia", serif; }) code in my Calibre Estra CSS pane, but it does not show up in the ePub stylesheet.css when viewed with Sigil. I don’t know why it was dropped.

I’m not sure if I totally understand what you’re saying about the font vs. font-family value and quotes, but I modified the font-family statement like this:
font-family: ““Georgia””, serif;
It didn’t make a difference.

Thanks again for your input.
MSJim is offline   Reply With Quote