View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
I looked at the CSS of the ePub.
It's not complicated.
The 16pt indent for the main body text was being "converted" to 15.99pt. Or if it was set to 32pt to make it look right on the Kobo, it was also fractionalised. Then the Kobo displays half the size of indent approximately.
When explicitly set EXACTLY 16pt in the Calibre ePub CSS file, the Kobo H2O Aura displays correctly. Also even just setting the one body text size to 1.5em is about the same. 16pt is maybe a little more than 1.5em.

Aldiko and Binatone Readme Daily cope with indents in pt with two decimal places. (15.99pt looks like 16pt, not 8pt) The Kobo obviously sometimes doesn't.

Conclusions:
1) It's a bit weird that Calibre is slightly adjusting point sizes. Loads of things like 6.01 or 15.99 or something.34pt
2) Kobo FW 4.7.10413 doesn't like 15.99pt, it does about an 8pt indent, but a 16pt indent does display correctly. Other eBook readers and Apps don't seem to mind 15.99pt.

Weird.

At least I have a reasonable work around. Only takes a couple of minutes to replace all fractional margins & indents etc with whole numbers.

Though I THINK my LibreOffice source is consistent (and doesn't allow em), the CSS had %, pt, px, em and 'medium' for sizes of stuff!
Sounds like you are in for a bit of fun. Regex may be your new best friend.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote