View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 11:07 AM   #66
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
It's a shared experience, which made it fun for me when I did it in 2012. The forums for your local group are a big part of it, as you develop a certain camaraderie with the others near you.

Graham
Thanks, that would explain some of it. ... Though I am reminded of a line from the movie "Gross Point Blanke": The main character (played by John Cusack) is a professional hit-man, and another hit-man (Dan Aykroyd) is trying to get him to join a cooperative, so Cusack says something like: "I didn't get into this business to have relationships. Loner. Lone gunmen, get it? That's the whole point. Look at the way I dress."
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote