Thread: Glo Android on Glo
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #115
MarekGibek
Zealot
MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.MarekGibek is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
So we need to recompile all the android stuff (without original source) ?
Yes. Tolino Android is signed with their private key that we don't have. If we want to change any of the system apps we have to rebuild whole system (and sign with our
key). It can be from Google's source codes. After that we have to resign Tolino apps (at least we need EPDRefresh which is responsible for eInk screen updates).

It's not as hard as porting as all the build properties, init scripts and kernel changes (75% of the work) is ready.

It is not easy though (like one week of fighting with compilation errors - it is Android 2.3 and it requires specific versions of dev tools and libraries). Last time I tried only Android 4.2+ compiled flawlessly on Ubuntu.

Quote:
I'm thinking of another (not so easy too) solution.
Yes, I'm thinking about it too. That should be easier. We can write an app that will communicate with the kernel. It would be the best if the app could detect screen rotation fact. Then despite of rotation method it will work perfect.

Unless you don't want to do other changes in Android source code (there is no need as everything else works) - that's the way to go.
MarekGibek is offline   Reply With Quote