View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #97
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I was not referring to size, that is completely a personal preference and an "as needed" feature.

I was referring to screen quality IPS vs WVGA. Samsung is not using the AMLOED screens like they did for the Galaxy S series.

Okay you've been studing, but I've been using 2.2/2.3 on a 7" screen for nearly a year. There are no issues with it being a phone OS.

Earlier in the year I find some apps that did not work well with a 7" screen, but I have not come across any for several months now.

I won't argue 3.0, and 4.0 is better than 2.3 but it's really due to the OS optimization. The vast majority of the apps scale up to 7" quite nicely. Also typing on a 7" screen is much much easier than typing on a 5" screen.

=X=
I accept all that and have even mentioned that I had seen a 7" tablet that was destined for enterprise built on Gingerbread, but I think that it is preferable to have as little "build on" to earlier android versions as possible. It is better to start on a later standard model.

I think if you wanted to you could come up with some advantages of the 5" screen.

It is all the above that I want to balance when the moment of truth comes, and all the specs are side by side, the reviews are in, and the prices are on Amazon. For example how much memory will be included on the Amazon model?
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote