View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 09:43 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfeps View Post
Thank you so much for your detailed reply.

I use Calibre for Collection Management but I should have mentioned that while I use Calibre, our computer was reformatted and I only have a limited number of books on it since then. Approximately 50 out of the 1100 on my ereader. So this isnt going to work when transferring books, unless I can somehow first transfer data from my old device to Calibre first, and then transfer to my new device?
That's a pretty important thing to leave out. But, that is basically what you need to do. And have a stern word to whoever reformatted the computer.

Firstly, in calibre, go to the driver configuration and turn off the collection management. This is either in the KoboTouch driver, or the KoboTouchExtended driver. I generally recommend doing it when the device is connected to you can find it by right-clicking the device button.

Then go to the device list. Select the books in the list and right-click on them. Choose the option to add the books to the library. As with all these type of things, do it in a small batch to see how it goes.

Alternatively, you can copy the books using OS tools and then add them to calibre.
Quote:
Which Kobo Utilities plugin would I need in order to transfer my reading stats?
The function you want to use is the "Store/Restore current bookmark". You need to configure the custom columns to be used first. There are details of how to do this in the help (the link in the top right of most dialogs in the plugin).

You need to get the books into calibre before you can do this. You can run it from the menu for selected books, or set it to run automatically when the device connects.
Quote:
I should be able to manage this if I can find instructions, I managed to set up the plugin for Collection Management.
But for the moment, turn it off.
Quote:
If I were to try the second method, is there a possibility that I may accidentally do irreversible damage if I get it wrong?
No. If something goes wrong, you do a factory reset and the device will be like new and you can start again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote