View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
the_need_to_read
the_need_to_read began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
My device is a Kobo H2O (the model with the external SD card) and have updated to the latest firmware 4.5.9587
I installed KBStartMenu_08.zip and the patch.
The koreader version installed is a nightly build: v2015.11-1109-g06d7eea (11-Aug-2017), downloaded from http://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/

And I just noticed that with this version the tapping on the bottom menu doesn't work 9 out of 10 times
Tap feedback on the bottom area works fine in nickel and KSM, and also with koreader on EPUBs.
But with pdf (at least this one) it doesn't work well.
It's not the region, it's the menu itself. I was eventually able to disable the scroll mode. But it took me a while.
I suspect that maybe when that menu is popped some thread does some processing, maybe scan the document, and it stops being responsive.

Quote:
Quote:
Is there a way to show the cover as the first page?
Not entirely sure what you mean.
This is really a gimmick feature... heh
So when you open a book for the first time, it opens the book on the first page.
What I'd like to know is if it would be possible to show the book cover that is part of the metadata.
So you'd first see the cover, then you tap, and you see the first page.

Quote:
Highlights become part of the PDF itself I believe.
I confirmed it. And it does. But... It's not something reusable. The bounding box gets messed, so instead of a rectangle I get an X type of thing, with a black color. So it gets "censored" instead of highlighted.
This isn't a big issue since a metadata file is created with the annotations. And may be a problem with my reader on the computer: I'm using Okular (KDE/Linux). But it would be cool if fixed anyway.

Quote:
Quote:
On a different subject I'm also experiencing problems with:
- book information, doesn't always show up when that action is clicked. Restarting koreader seems to work around that.
Could you open an issue please so we can track it?
Forgot to say, this is from the koreader browser.
On github?

One more for the road;
Why is the "add note" option, that is shown after some text is selected, is disabled for PDFs?

Thanks for the help!
the_need_to_read is offline   Reply With Quote