View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I'm sure the libraries can use any extra money they can get, especially those libraries in schools. But is it really realistic to divide $1 million between any amount of indie books stores and libraries and expect that it's not just delaying the inevitable?

Any business needs to be able to keep selling their product to stay in business, and unless he's got a plan for Independents to follow that will help them keep selling on their own, it won't work.

I mean, I'm glad he cares enough to give, but split that million up too far, with no real plan on it changing the way people do business, it may easily be too little, too late.

I don't think it sounds like he has a plan that's going to be more than a small band-aid.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote