View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Let me start out by saying I'm very reluctant to pay someone a few hundred dollars to proofread a 99 cent e-book. I did a lot of editing earlier in my life, so I do have some sense of the discipline it takes. Also, I do have many readers who provide extra eyes. That is a huge help.

A couple of habits I have developed as a mostly self-editing author. One, I spell check just about every time I rewrite a paragraph. Only takes a moment to block and hit the F7 key. I catch things right away. Second, I read the finished text at 150 percent. Enlarging the font size really helps me to focus on each word.
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote