View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 12:03 PM   #25
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I never compared the Kindle Touch to my nook STR, but I did compare it to my Sony 650 & T1 and the Sony outperformed the nook STR for fonts. With the same font on the nook and on both Sony, the Sonys looked noticeably better. The font engine used on the nook STR is rubbish.
I think it must partly depend on your eyes. My problem with the Kindle Touch was not the shape of the fonts but how light they were. Not enough contrast for me. I was frustrated that the ads were nice and dark and contrasty and the fonts were almost gray. But the Constantia font changed that. It's the only one I use on the Kindle Touch. As for the Sony (I've got the T2) I have grown to like its fonts. I just finished a history book on it and now about half way through a novel I borrowed from the library – so I'm getting to like the T2 quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The font I modified for eInk is Charis SIL. The current version is now called ChareInk and it looks quite nice on a T1, H2O, and PW3. I've not seen it on any other Reader. Plus, on the PW3, you don't get such a large line height as you do on the system fonts.
I'll have to take a look at it. Thanks. That's partly why I like Constantia. The font seems more "vertical" and less cramped.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote