View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #69
kevinpars
Connoisseur
kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Seeing something strange!!

I used this hack on my last K3 which I recently had to get replaced because it froze for an unrelated/unknown problem.

Anyway, when i did the hack on the replacement - basically followed the same steps as documented by NiLuJe here, i got a very interesting result.

It worked fine and my replacement font looked good. But when I pressed the Aa button to adjust the font size I saw some strange options I had not seen previously. I will try to show here what I am seeing:

Typeface std sans mono alt
Line Spacing 112 125-small 136-med 150-lg 162

Words per line and the rest of the options were the same. What was weird was that I could change the line spacing and realized that there were more options than previously and that I could now switch between my new alt font (I had chosen dejavu), mono - which looks like the standard ugly font seen on green and black screens), sans - which looks like the standard kindle sans option and std - which looks like the default kindle font.

I went to settings and checked to see if I was on the latest version or if something new had come out because this is kinda weird. If NiLuJe wants to follow up, I will gladly send you some pictures i took of what i displayed above as well as a copy of my reader.pref, which I will also display below:

#User preferences for Reader Booklet
#Sat Jun 11 10:01:23 EDT 2011
FONT_SIZE=31
LINE_SPACING=2
DICTIONARY=Oxford Dictionary of English
JUSTIFICATION=full
ALLOW_USER_FONT=true
HORIZONTAL_MARGIN=28
LAST_BOOK_READ=/mnt/us/documents/A Clash of Kings A Song of Ice a-asin_B000FC1HBY-type_EBOK-v_0.azw
FONT_FAMILY=alt
kevinpars is offline   Reply With Quote