View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 12:11 AM   #1130
DeKuns
Connoisseur
DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.DeKuns puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
It's unlikely although not impossible that there's something KindlePDFViewer does that KOReader doesn't. What do you mean by two-column PDF support precisely?

If you mean reflow, the bottom menu is accessible on keyboard-only devices by pressing a button like "enter" or "ok". This might be in the middle of arrow buttons. Reflow can then be enabled under the right-most tab (some kind of gear).
I understand now that for .pdf, KOReader "Columns" is active after I select "Reflow". The "Columns" is like informing "KOReader" that the source .pdf is in one, two, or three columns format. Thank you.

But that is not what I thought. I want to replicate KindlePDFViewer/Librerator "zoom to fit margin 2-column mode". In KindkePDFViewer/Librerator, this is accessible by pressing "F" on the Kindle Keyboard. It does not reflow, but it allows reading two columns .pdf such journal article. It is handy for .pdf that has pictures or tables. Reflow, most of the time, "destroy" these pictures and tables.

Other activities that I routinely do with KindlePDFViewer/Librerator is zoom in/out and highlighting. It is easy to do in KindlePDFViewer/Librerator by using "ALT + < >" for zooming in/out and "N" to put the cursor on the screen and start to highlighting. I read that both are not a problem in KOReader for Kindle with touch ability, but I cannot find any reference on how to do this on Kindle with Keyboard.

Is there any way to zoom in/out and highlighting on Kindle Keyboard in KOReader? Also, in KOReader, how can I look up the dictionary for word that in .pdf? Many thanks.
DeKuns is offline   Reply With Quote