View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
But I've noticed that the metadata update only happens when I start Calibre or when I connect the device.
This is correct, the metadata sync only happens when your device first connects with calibre. Restarting calibre with your device connected is the same thing as connecting your device. If you restart calibre with your device in your gym bag then it won't sync, will it?

Quote:
  • Am I missing any option in Calibre?
No you're not missing anything.

Quote:
  • Or I'm doing fine but Calibre actually doesn't have fully auto-update functionality. In this last situation:
    • Could you add it?
    • If due any technical reason this fully auto-update is not possible, could you add a "Sync NOW" option under the device button as a more elegant work-around?
You're doing fine. I don't anticipate this being added as a button because this feature only works with some readers. Sony readers for sure, but I don't believe it works with Kindles or Nooks.

Your best bet is to change your work flow with connecting the reader to your computer after you finish with your changes.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote