View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 05:09 PM   #7
skb
Addict
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The word "panties" makes my skin crawl; it's so coy and cutesy, but unfortunately it's the common term here. Knickers are men's clothing; I enjoy seeing baseball players who still wear the traditional knickers instead of the more common and much less flattering long pants.
I, too, loathe the term "panties". I prefer the generic term here (for men and women) of undies.

My (elderly) mother calls the "knickers" worn by baseballers "poop catchers". She was mightily dismayed when I joined a softball team that wore them. Here in Australia, I remember that baseballer's knickers type pants were called "pedal pushers" (or something like that). But that could be a regional variation.

But to the original post...I think a lot of authors "recycle" bits of their stuff to convey the idea of a series (I remember one detective novel series that I had to stop reading because...there was this harping on about what the detective ate somewhere near the beginning of each book. We geddit already).

As to the formatting, sadly, people have the same issue with creating ebooks as they do with web pages. They incorrectly assume that how it looks on their screen is how it looks for everyone. I generally don't bother fixing stuff though unless it's just too hard to read on my ipod touch.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote