View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 09:06 AM   #5
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
... ugh ...

Sorry, though I've got al lot of computer experience, this sounds a bit too difficult for me to get, install and then burrow into the needed tools.

Why isn't it possible to just transfer some (or even better: only one) file(s) to another device that contains all information about collections?

And what the hell let Amazon/Lab126 decide that on the one hand the very low level search indices reside inside the /system/ subdirectory in the user visible store (next to the /documents/ folder); while on the other hand the collections db (also directly related to the local documents!) does not?!?

Really confused.

Okay, fonund my very individual way to avoid any risks to destroy needed db structures: Have made sceenshots of the contents in each collection - these make it much easier to gather up all the needed books from my very, very long library list a bit more quickly than the first creation of the collections (this took me a few hours of really focused work, that's why I wanted to have a backup handy, like I have one of my documents folder of course...)
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote