View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 06:38 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm assuming you're creating an input plugin then? Otherwise, a sigil plugin won't help you render/display anything.

As to how to package numpy/matplotlib to work in Sigil's bundled python environment, I'm afraid I can't help. I suspect that would be relatively complicated (not to mention large) to accomplish. Pure Python modules are fairly easy to relocate/include. Binary packages can be quite involved and include hardcoded paths or environment variables necessary to function properly.

Also note that it's not likely your plugin would work on all Sigil platforms (Windows, OSX, Linux). If installed via pip or your package manager (or other binary media), your compiled modules are going to be platform specific. The binary wheels are also usually specific to a particular Python version. So even if you manage to get something working with Sigil's bundled Python, it's likely to break when we upgrade the version of python that we bundle.

For binary dependencies, it's simply going to be best to use an external, python interpreter to run the plugin. That way, you can have your users install the binary dependencies.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-16-2019 at 06:47 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote