View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 07:15 PM   #1
FinMc
FinMc began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel 4a: Moon Reader Pro
Moon Reader Pro, issues with book sync and importing highlights

Hello,

I have emailed the developer but have yet to receive a response.

Issue 1: I am having a hard time trying to get books to Sync reading position between two devices (Amazon HD 10 2021 and a Pixel 4a). Often Moon Reader will not recognize the same book on both devices as the same book. This can be moderately resolved by ensuring both books are put on to the devices in the same way, but this is annoying. Does anyone know how Moon Reader decides two books are the same or not?

Issue 2: The second, and more frustrating issue, is that I have been exporting all my highlights from my old phone (Pixel 2) and importing the highlights onto fresh copies of the books on my HD 10. This has worked for 30/40 books, but there are now ~10 that refuse to import highlights. I get error messages either that the import failed, or that the books are not the same. I have ensured I used the exact same .epub files from my old phone on the HD 10, so I do not know why the import is failing. Similar to above, does anyone know how to get Moon Reader to recognize the book I am importing notes into is the same as the book I exported them from?

Issue 2 is especially frustrating as I have not found a work-around, and there seems to be no consistent reason that some books import highlights fine and some do not.

Thanks for reading!
FinMc is offline   Reply With Quote