View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Question: Getting converted non-Amazon eBooks onto a PaperWhite

I'm looking for advice on putting non-Amazon purchased eBooks onto a Kindle. Specifically, one of the PaperWhites that are current on sale (2017-10-07). Is this the model that people are calling "PW3"? I was thinking of buying one of these to supplement/replace my Nook ST while the PaperWhites are on sale.

I have eBooks that I converted from ePub to AZW3/Mobi in Calibre. I would want those on this PaperWhite. I recently purchased a Kindle Fire HD8 and did not have success in getting these converted eBooks onto that device. I could get them there physically, but they wouldn't show up on the Kindle app book listing. I am hoping for better results if indeed I decide to buy one of these PaperWhites.

(BTW - My solution to problems getting converted eBooks onto the Kindle Fire was to abandon the Kindle app there, and install a Nook app instead - no problem getting eBooks to display in the book listing when using the Nook app.)

I would assume I can directly send books from Caliber to the PaperWhite via USB cable. Will these show up in the PaperWhites book listing? Would they show up there by default, or do you have to jump through hoops to get them listed? I am asking specifically about my non-Amazon eBooks that I converted to AZW3 (or I could reconvert them to Mobi if required). Not eBooks bought directly from Amazon.

Thanks!
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote