View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 09:31 AM   #41
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
In the short time I had the Oasis before returning it, I found two things I liked. One was the ability to made the system font larger and the other was the battery level reading out in percentage. Both are relatively minor but I liked them.
Oddly enough that particular combination of features drives me nuts. I like the percentage display but I hate the look of the book list screen with large fonts, and the fact that with the large fonts I only get 6 books on a page instead of 8. Possibly the percentage is needed for screen reader but there's plenty of room for it anyway so I don't see why it isn't the default or at least an option, separate from the whole large display option.

One feature I do like, with the increased storage, is the global search, but it's not too important to me; on the whole I much prefer Kobo's overall look and customization options.

I'm afraid that for me the honeymoon period ended early. I could live with the software choices but I can't hold the Oasis for more than a few minutes without pain. I was fine with the smaller version but the increased size and weight combined with the unbalanced shape/weight, the cold and slippery back, and the sharpish raised edges (possibly a quality control issue) make the new Oasis very uncomfortable for me. My H2O2 is actually a bit heavier but I find it much easier to hold and its 8 GB of memory is really plenty. I'm going to return the Oasis.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote