View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #59
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wow, and i've been cranky because of the mutant mosquitoes we have this year. i hope you feel better soon. i hear lavendar in all the windows will deter scorpions ; i don't know whether it's true, but it can't hurt to try ; at worst, you *still* have scorpions, but your house smells nice.
That's what the Moons do. They have lavender growning all around the house. And, they never have a problem with scorpions. I'm going to have to get some. I'm really getting tired of these buggers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
'aid to memory', lavendar also helps one to sleep....
And, the Moons also bought me a lovely bottle of lavender body lotion. I should start putting that on at night. Maybe I won't be the ideal place to stage a gang fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Good grief.......get thee to a doctor......if not today because its sunday, then tomorrow for sure!! I hope you are better soon.....
Don't worry, I will survive. Trips to the doctor are reserved for serious infections, snake bites and broken bones. I'm going to buy some calamine lotion or some cortisone with anti-itch when I go into town today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
she will be, she's a tough cookie...
Actually, I guess I am. I never gave it that much thought, but I am the pick myself up and dust myself off type. Never been much of one for self pity -- except to make a joke. And, besides ... some of these bites (or whatever they are) are really interesting. There is this one set of ... well, silver dollar sized ones that completely ring around my left arm right below the shoulder. It's weird. It's weird and it itches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Yikes , we don't have that scale of venomous wildlife over here. Camomile lotion seems to be what everyone uses for soothing bites and stings; but I imagine scorpion bites would require more serious attention.

One bite would be bad enough, but it sounds like you got mobbed .
Hope the cortisone is kicking in by now.
Cortisone is still not working. I have to go into the hardware store (AGAIN??) anyway, so I'm going to pick up some of that or some cortisone with anti-itch or someting while I'm in town.

I don't think the scorpions were actually targeting me. It's not like they hunt in packs or anything. If I were to make an educated guess, I would say they were having a fight and I was collateral damage.

The strange thing is that ... if they stung me, then you would think that would wake me up, but I remember waking up because they were running around on me. It's not like I have a really high pain threshold or anything.

And .... I'm sad to say, I jumped out of bed and beat them all to death with my shoe (Crocs are well suited to this purpose because you can wash them off later in the sink).
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote