View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #14
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
There was a time when all I had to do was look at the cover of a book, and I would remember whether I had read the book of not. That doesn't always happen now however. Am I getting old?? Is my memory fading?? That's why I wish the 'delete' button on my Cybook worked, so I could delete each book when I finished reading it. Now I just jot down the name of the books when I'm finished reading them and delete them in little groups of six to ten books at a time.
My mother was known to throw a temper-tantrum when she'd buy a new book and discover that she'd already read it. The reason why she thought it was a new book was because she didn't recognize the cover. She kept insisting that it was wrong of the publisher to reissue the book in a new cover as she remembered covers but not titles. Me? I keep lists and *still* buy the occasional duplicate.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote