View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 06:56 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Newspaper creator?

Hi!

This is a question/Request thread.
I'm looking for a solution for the following problem:

I can get any amount of free and up-to-date news on the web from www.netzzeitung.de for example.
What I would like to do, is take a compiled edition of those news (not headlines, complete articles) every morning and put them on my Iliad (once it arrives) for reading during the day.
So far I haven't found any way to do this. All RSS readers I found just show the headlines and then link you to the pages. Some kind of "web-grabber" would work, but it would have to be "routed" through the feed-reader to be useful.

I don't think it would be a techincal problem to make a little program or script that does this, but since I can't even "write" HTML I'm not the right person to decide that...^^

The way I imagine this:

The program acts like an RSS reader. It lets you subscribe to certain newsfeeds, blogs, ...whatever. It then automatically follows the link to the article and loads that as well and makes a local link. All this data then goes to a folder that I can then simply put on my Iliad and use.
You could also try to put the content behind the links into the text directly, thus losing some clarity but gaining compatibility for devices that don't support links.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote