View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 12:02 PM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm going to nominate Wallace Stevens. This is from The Poetry Foundation:

Quote:
Wallace Stevens is one of America's most respected poets. He was a master stylist, employing an extraordinary vocabulary and a rigorous precision in crafting his poems. But he was also a philosopher of aesthetics, vigorously exploring the notion of poetry as the supreme fusion of the creative imagination and objective reality. Because of the extreme technical and thematic complexity of his work, Stevens was sometimes considered a willfully difficult poet. But he was also acknowledged as an eminent abstractionist and a provocative thinker, and that reputation has continued since his death. In 1975, for instance, noted literary critic Harold Bloom, whose writings on Stevens include the imposing Wallace Stevens: The Poems of Our Climate, called him "the best and most representative American poet of our time
Like Trollope, Stevens had a day job, in the insurance industry.

I've been looking around and I see several possibilities.

Poem Hunter has a selection of his poems in the public domain in PDF format.

Or there's the collection of all his poems. Kindle Kobo and other ebookstores, but it's much more expensive than Amazon.

The collection selected by his daughter, The Palm at the End of the Mind also is available in eformat and is slightly cheaper, but my own druthers would be to get the complete collection and read the poems from his first work, Harmonium. Most of the Harmonium poems are public domain and I think can be read online at Poem Hunter. There are also much cheaper used pbook options.

I acknowledge that these are US-centric options and I have no idea what's available in other venues.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote