View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #24
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
For page margins I use:

@page { margin-top:3pt; margin-bottom:4pt }

body { ... margin-top:0; margin-left:5pt; margin-bottom:0; margin-right:5pt; ... }
While that may be correct, I think it's unnecessary to have the margins specified in two places. I prefer something simpler like:

@page { margin: 2mm; } /* or margin: 3pt 5pt 4pt 5pt; */
body { margin: 0; }

I don't agree with JSWolf's suggestion that you don't need a bottom margin. It may be uncommon that the text reaches the bottom, but when it does you better make sure that there is some margin (if that's what you want). You need a bottom margin for exactly the same reason you need a right margin with non-justified text.

Quote:
For headers I use em vertical spacing so that it does zoom, e.g.
h3 { font-size:1em; text-align:center; margin:1.5em 12pt 1em 12pt }
As discussed in another thread, it may be a good idea to add "hyphens: none" (and other synonyms) to headers. Just an idea
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote