View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Halo
Connoisseur
Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle DX 1st Gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen
[SOLVED] Is it safe for two copies of Calibre to access the same database?

I have a Linux file server at home that I use for storing the majority of my data. I keep my Calibre library and database there which I access over the network from my Windows laptop. I'd like to set up the Calibre Content Server on my file server so I can access my books via a web browser when I'm away from home.

Is it safe to have both the Calibre Content Server running on my file server and accessing the database while also running another copy of Calibre on my laptop to make changes? Does the content server open the database as read-only? If it is safe, does the content server handle changes to the database automatically or will I have to restart the content server for it to pick up any change? I.e., is the content server caching data?

Also, is it okay if the content server is running an older version of Calibre? Are there database changes happening in recent releases?

Last edited by Halo; 01-31-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote