View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #12
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacina View Post
I would convert the PDF to .mobi not to txt... mobi retains some of the formatting... well depending on the converter
pdf is total crap..even on a pc.endless tweaking and adjusting.

i prefer pdf to text.it's simple,universal and light on pointless processing.

i cannot see the point of endless different formats.

last week another company was going to bring out a ereader with a proprietary format..talk about retarded executives and their retarded sycophants.

i guarantee this ereader and format will fail...what a waste of money
on mind boggling stupidity.

part 2 of review continued...

regarding the endless debate about collections i will not use collections for my 3500 books until amazon bring native folder support via software.

i will simply put my 3500 books in alphabetical order author-title order using free lupus rename software to ensure consistent naming on my pc first then dump the whole lot via usb to the kindle.

the 119 books i put in a single go failed to freeze/reboot/slow my kindle in any way.this was what i was terrified off....a lump of inert freezing plastic in my impatient hand. the battery seemed ok as well.i have not charged it out of the box so far.

today i discovered on the 119 test books that the contents pages total 12 pages.

all i had to do was hold the < or > buttons down to get from page 1 to page 12 or vice versa.

it took only 5 seconds.

5 seconds.

for 3500 books it will be 350 content pages and take a maximum 350/12 times 5 seconds =180 seconds or 3 minutes to get from AAA TO ZZZ.

it would be great if a hack was discovered to put 20 or 30 per content page page as a lot of space is wasted with just 10 books displayed on a content page.

anyone know of such a hack or trick/tip?

or i can use search by author to be be even quicker.

Last edited by vugtitan; 09-23-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: after thoughts
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote