Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #67
vaniaspeedy
Connoisseur
vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4 Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Shamelessly bumping this thread.

Now that a few more people seem to be interested in it, here goes the question again: Did someone come up with new patches, or new ideas for such? There certainly are some more annoyances that can be fixed with this...
I'm going to try and use this to interject a password request for certain collections. I discuss this in another post in more detail, but now I think I can do it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173840

Do you have any hints on where the event handler is for a collection being opened?
I browsed the classes a bit, but my Java experience is sorely lacking. Any hints would be appreciated!

--- edit ---
Found a promising class in /booklet/home.jar, called CollectionDisplayController
Unfortunately my java experience is too limited. Ixtab, would you be interested in helping out with this tweak? I've asked around, demand for a clean solution for password protecting collections definitely exists.

Last edited by vaniaspeedy; 05-12-2012 at 03:19 PM.
vaniaspeedy is offline   Reply With Quote