View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Which is why I won't use the Kobo desktop app. It's not a real app for me since it won't do one of the most basic functions such an app is supposed to do. I got lots of side loaded books and I remember trying to figure out how to have them show on the desktop app and trying again because I just couldn't believe such obvious and basic function was simply not implemented.
Who wants to have an app that only manages a part of their books and not all ?

So I use the Sony Reader app as a desktop app and that works for me. You may use that or Calibre or any other library management software out there.
Hmmm... since the books the Kobo Desktop App shows you are synced with Kobo's servers -- as it says: "Automatically syncs your library across all your devices and all Kobo eReaders", you really want your book collection stored in a place not under your control? Not to mention the privacy issues that some people might have. From Kobo's point of view, what it would do to the Kobo servers storage requirements could be another consideration as is the potential for Kobo to be in legal doggie doo if pirated books were being synced.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote