View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #33
geoffwood
Addict
geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geoffwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT+K4T+PRST1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
^ Steve Jobs is dead though, let's not forget that. There will be choices going forward that will most likely not be Jobs approved, but it's going to go through no matter what and it's going to either be good or bad for Apple. That new Retina MacBook Pro is something that would have been saved for another year for example. And it would have been different. RAM for one thing would have been replaceable.
I'm not sure I agree with that. My MacBook Air was designed in Steve's time, but the memory is firmly soldered in, not user replaceable. I think Steve was a big driver behind the drive to non-replaceable batteries and memory. Geeks want everything to be upgradeable or replaceable. End users want things to be simple and non-intimidating. Steve was trying to remove processor specs and memory specs from the buying decision and have people focus on what really matters to most which is the storage capacity and the screen. You don't see iPad's with replaceable parts. I suspect the Retina Macbook was well through the design process before Steve left us, as were most products we will see in the next 12-24 months.
geoffwood is offline   Reply With Quote