View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #30
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Many authors do this. I never read the sample myself, but I don't see any harm in it (and it's not against Apple's rules).
Don't see any real harm in it either, although it really can throw you off on the page count. When the book ending smacks you in the face and you were expecting that that last 'chapter' to actually be part of the story you're reading. I do find that kind of annoying at times, especially when I've just run into a cliff hanger by surprise. Ick.

I never, ever read those sample chapters. If it's the next book in the series, I'll either get it or I won't based on what I just read. Otherwise, I don't start anything I don't have complete, or haven't yet checked out the synopsis and reviews. Even in paper books, I never, ever read them.

A nice synopsis of other books I might browse, but never an actual chapter.

Last edited by DuskyRose; 05-04-2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: can't type
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote